Friday, December 15, 2006

Sail Away

I sailed along the road,
flying by vehicles with unknown speed.
When I noticed;
that something was most definitely not right.
Oh no, no no no, tell me it's not true,
show me that it's only my imagination, please.
It's still there, it's not leaving,
it's true, those poor souls.
So loved, and now...
So missed.
What went through their heads?
Did they think?
Did they say a silent prayer to their loved ones?
Did he grab her hand, squeeze it tight,
knowing what was to come?
And now, here they lay,
sleeping...
forever.
Pleasantly drifting away...
I wish you the best then,
as there is nothing I can do..
Peace be with you,
and don't let the Bedbugs bite.
I love you silent stranger...

Goodnight, and good luck.

1 comment:

yellowdellow said...

...and this one was so beautiful.