Friday, December 15, 2006

Didn't You Know?

I love you so,
but I don't suppose you know...
Is that my fault?
Is it perhaps because I act so cold around you,
and pretend to scorn your very existence?
Well then, if that is so,
I'd just like to say Sorry.
For as surely as the streams connect to the oceans;
I love you.
I do try, really.
But there are days when I get so frustrated.
You see,
you and I don't exactly see eye-to-eye on many things.
And so it is tough,
to not strangle you for not understanding what I explain to you,
that I so easily see the meaning of.
Just know though,
that you are loved.

Note: This is Not about some dumb boy that I like.

1 comment:

Aaron Lozier said...

There is no need to explain what the poem is about. The beauty of poetry is that it is open for interpretation. Nice work.