Monday, February 26, 2007

An Exciting Moment

A sir strode by me today
And I noticed he appeared quite lonely
I reached up and grabbed his hand
But he rudely yanked it back

Didn't he want a companion?
Obviously not

I watched him continue on his way down the street
I knew he must regret what he had done
So with renewed spirits I walked up and grabbed his hand again
Only this time it was yanked away even harder

Hadn't he regretted doing it the first time?
Obviously not

What had gotten into this man?
I figured he must be crazy for refusing friendship
But that wasn't about to stop me
The streets began emptying
And I realized it was time for me to return home

Was I planning on coming back?
Obviously

I came back the next day at the same time
And stood in the same place
Only this time prepared for a fight
I waited and waited
But he never showed

Hours later I left
Deciding that if he wanted to be a loner
then so be it

As I rounded the corner for home
Along came that man
A smile slipped across his face as he noticed I had left
But it was only another second before I had pounced on his back
Sending him flying to the ground

I cried out in triumph
"Aha! Excellent acting! You're hired!"

Was this only a charade?
Obviously, of course

3 comments:

Alyssa. said...

because obviously you are amazing.

Anonymous said...

Really good Sam!

b. said...

ilovethisone...

and iloveyou.